Suspension Repairs and ServicingAlong side our bicycle workshop we run a bicycle suspension repair and service centre.
Our mechanics are cyclist and understand how a fork or shock should feel and be set up, they are experienced bicycle mechanics, well trained and fully qualified to at least Cytech Level 2 and hold at least one Manufacturers suspension training certificate.
We are a Fox Trained Maintenance and Service Centre. And are able to service and maintain a wide range of Forks, Suspension units & Seat posts from most manufacturers such as Rock shox, Suntour and many more.
Through extensive investment in stock and tooling we are usually able to turn suspension servicing and repairs around within 24 hours of receiving the fork or suspension unit. Some of the time its a same day service if a component is dropped off before 10am.
Where possible we would prefer it if you bring your bike, rather than just the fork or suspension unit when having suspension servicing or repairs carried out, this way we can set your fork / suspension unit up to you and your riding style when you collect it for no extra cost. if you are unable to leave your bike with us we will set the unit to the settings it was when we received the unit or failing that for any reason the manufactures settings.
Basic Fork service: From £30.00 - Every 25-30 ride hours:A Basic Service consists of:
- Lower Legs being removed, the stanchions are then inspected for any wear to the anodising.
- Foam rings are then removed, cleaned and soaked in suspension fluid (If fitted ).
- Dust wipers are also cleaned inspected for any wear.
- Inside of the lowers are also cleaned at this point.
- Fork is then rebuilt in accordance to Factory guidelines ensuring that the correct amount of manufacturers suspension fluids are added in accordance to a basic clean.
Lower Leg Service: From £60.00- Every other Basic service we recommend having the dust wiper seals replaced (Every 50-60 ride hours):
Lower Leg service consists of:
- Dust wiper seals being replaced with the new genuine manufacturers dust wipers with foam rings or oils seals.
- Damper cartridge is removed, all oil is flushed out then inspected for any wear or damage, the damper cartridge will then be replaced in accordance to manufacturers guidelines.
- Spring (if fitted) is removed degreased and the heat shrink checked and replaced if necessary
- Fork is rebuilt and the oil is replenished with the correct weight manufacturers genuine suspension fluid.
Annual Service: From £90.00 - (Every 100-120 ride hours or annually):Annual Service consists of:
- An Annual Service consists of every component being removed cleaned inspected and then replaced with your Manufactures genuine products and rebuilt in accordance with Manufacture's guidelines.
- Lower Legs are removed cleaned and the bushes are inspected.
- A new low friction dust wiper seal kit is fitted.
- Damper cartridge is dismantled and then rebuilt using new seals and o-rings.
- Manufactures suspension fluid is replaced for the correct weight as reccomended by your manufacture
- Fork is then re-assembled ensuring all torque values are met in accordance to manufactures guidelines.
Rear Suspension Basic Service: From £39.00Basic Air Can Service consists of:
- Suspension unit is cleaned and degreased
- Checked for any wear and damage
- Air can seals are replaced
- Finally your air can is then re-assembled ensuring all torque values are met in accordance to manufactures guidelines.